Saturday, December 9, 2006

The start

After much thought and my inability to keep in touch with people, I decided the easier way to try and maintain contact was to start a blog. Currently I am on my way home after two interviews in the northeast corner of TN. Both were in family practice. I enjoyed the people at both programs. The programs themselves had everything I needed and wanted from an education and experience point of view. The concern is the location. There is plenty of outdoor activities for us (rockclimbing, hiking, skiing, and etc.) but lacks some things that the I found in New Mexico. Like Trader Joes, Whole Foods and family to start. Plus I clicked better with the residents in New Mexico. Though in New Mexico I will have to work harder and be more motitaved to maintain, let alone improve my OMT. But I do like a challenge on occasion. Now this may be all for not, because my true first choice is in the PMR progam in Lansing. I still have two interviews left, one in PMR in Ketucky and another in family practice in PA. This process of deciding residencies program has turned out to more intense than I thought.

2 comments:

Kristen MJ said...

This is GREAT! I'm so impressed that you put together a blog with so much that you've been doing....103 days left now right? I should count down my days to graduation too....but *shudder* that only brings me closer to the BAR! I miss you and loved seeing your pictures. When I am not so ridonkulously busy with stuff, I should put more pics up online too. You seem to be doing super - I sure do miss you (but don't miss the MI winter....today is our very FIRST day of snow in DC this winter). Oh, and what on earth happened in 2004 with your gorgeous long blonde hair??? It was cute but shocking!!! :) xo

Kristen MJ said...

PS - I never check google mail, so if this gives you that address, don't even try it.