Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Curtis's Update

Life is going. I am in my last week of my emergency medicine rotation. What an adventure this has been. But I am learning a lot and seeing just as much. Probably more than I care to remember. Due to patient confidential, no details. Sorry

But on another note, I finished up my last two interview. The first was in Kentucky for a PMR program. Love the area, will how can I not with the Red River Gorge an hour away. Sadly that program is second on my list at the moment. The program was great, but more of an inpatient feel and I would like more outpatient. One thing that came out of it was that Audrey and I got a little vacation out of it. For us finding this time together is rare and we take full advantage of it.

My second interview was in Beaver, PA. Cute, did I say cute, little town 40 north of Pittsburgh. This interview was in a family practice residency. It would be an excellent environment to learn in. I would be ready to handle just about anything if I took this spot. But I not sure how good of a match it is for me. I have till the end of this week to decide on my ranking order for the MD match.

My ranking for the DO match is done. That was easy with only one program, PMR in Lansing.

I leave Saturday for my wilderness medical elective in the Tenn. I am excited, but this will mean I won't see Audrey for 4 weeks.

That it for now. Later.

No comments: